Wednesday 29 July 2009

Purchased "The Dig' Game

I just purchased "The Dig" game. Lucas Arts re-released the game on Steam for only $4.99 USD. It is an old game from executive producer Steven Spielberg. Since, I had nothing better to do and spare change so I bought the 2 games. I never could get the game to work properly the first time I tried to play it and back then there was no Internet to look up the walk-through when I got stuck.

I also bought and completed "The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition" game for USD $9.99. It was exactly like the original except they added voice work and enhanced graphics to the new release. The game was kind of funny just like the other sequels in the series. It took me only a day to finish it.

It's weird that Lucas Arts is re-releasing its old games on Steam now. They even released "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis". Last time I checked, Monkey Island was among the top sellers this week.

Steam is starting to resemble iTunes for games. It's good that one can buy the old games that I used to like and play them for only a few dollars instead of buy those expensive $40 - $80 ones. Last time I checked, Sierra's 'King Quest' Series had a "Coming Soon" banner on it.

No comments: