Friday 17 July 2009

Photo ID

I finally went down to the AustPost office at the Northland Shopping Center and applied for a "Proof of Age" Card today. Cost me $10 and the lady at the counter said that it takes about a month for it to come through the mail. Great!

Since, I've had a lot of free time for a while, I've been involved in a lot of personal projects.
  • I have completed a Linux certification. Took me more than a month to prepare for it. I should get the Certificate in the mail in 3 weeks time. Hopefully, this should secure me a real IT job. But somehow I doubt this will be enough.
  • Started the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification (self-prep). From the feel of thing so far, it feels this will require just the same amount of energy and commitment as the Linux one did.
  • I've done a lot of reading lately. I've read or perused a long list of books in the past week. Such books like "1984", "Moby Dick", "The Phantom Tollbooth", Dante's "Inferno", and "Midnight's Children". And I gotta tell ya, Moby Dick and Dante's Inferno are one long stories!

No comments: