Tuesday 21 July 2009

Development Machine Setup

Finally, got my development machine installed and configured. Took me a whole afternoon. It takes so long because of the Internet searches for all the 'How Tos'. The Dev Machine's configuration is 'Windows XP Pro', Apache, Mysql, PHP, PEAR, and Smarty (WAMP).

Now, all I gotta figure out is how to set up a local PEAR installation on a shared UNIX (FreeBSD) web host. I took a whack at it and turned out to be a fruitless effort as of yet. I'll take another swipe at it sometime later.

For those of you who want to subscribe to a great web hosting service then you should check out http://www.aplus.net/. Subscribing to any other web hosting service is just a waste of money and most people I've talked to who have a website are paying ridiculous amounts for a crappy web hosting service.

No comments: