Thursday 16 July 2009

Book

In the past week I have read a number of books that include "1984" by George Orwell aka Eric Blair.

1984 is a real masterpiece. Only some one who has lived under a totalitarian regime can really appreciate the message Orwell tries to convey. I really sympathized with Winston Smith's frustration when it came to bringing about change and how the majority (The Proles) were too dumb and primitive to even realize they were oppressed and poor because of the Party. That's how I see the majority of the people in real life --too dumb and animalistic.

The character of Julia really depressed me. She hated the Party as well but her motives were too selfish and that's the kind of people who depress me. Sure they are on the right track but their reasons to do so are so materialistic and self centered. May God curse these kind of people.

No comments: